2017/01/05 at 2:44 PM
Don’t let feminism die in 2016
Let’s be honest, feminism has taken a f***ing battering this year.
We started so well, Kim K was posting naked pics on Instagram and owning it, Beyonce turned lemons into really good Lemonade, and everyone was pretty sure our Hillary would be moving back into the White House.
And now? Kim K was blamed for being a victim, tied up and robbed, Beyonce blamed “Becky with the Good Hair” and a fella with shit hair became President.
To top it off, we were told it’s going to take 170 years to close the gender pay gap and Bono won the “Glamour Woman of the Year” Award. WTF – 3.7 billion women on the planet and they pick Bono.
Still not sure if you’re a feminist? – read on.
We have curated a manifesto to bring your inner Lena Dunham out!
- Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
- Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest. (Are you mad yet?)
- Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
- Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man. (Bet you’re mad now)
- Because when a man wolf whistles at you on the street us girls are supposed to feel flattered. Lol.
- Because a man can post a picture of their nipples on Instagram but a woman can’t – #freethenipple.
- Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self-control is her responsibility. (I’m FUMING)
- Because feminists just need to chill out.
- Because women earn 80p for every £1 that men make.
- Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.